Thursday, November 14, 2013

Today was Hip Hop abs in Dr. Hull's wellness through movement class.  It was for sure an interesting class.  We did 45 minutes of dancing and ab workout.  It was my first Hip Hop ab workout however I have done Zumba before.  They were both essentilly the same, and it was better than our typical workout.

4 comments:

  1. I have also done zumba and hip hop abs before and I think they are a great endurance and strength work out. I think that it would be good to do in a PE class because it is not time consuming to set up, the teacher can pick how many songs to do, how hard to make to routine, and it exposes students to a variety of activities that they may have never tried before. Zumba toning is done with the option to use light weights, usually 2-4 pounds and is a great way to combined cardio and muscular strength and muscular endurance. This is also a good opportunity to have your students wear a heart rate monitor and see how long they are in their zone for. I plan to incorporate this into my PE classes I the future!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had that class with Dr. Hull last semester. I increased my knowledge so much more in that class. Learning that information allowed me to take it back home and help my mom start to exercise daily. My mom exercises more than me now, I love her passion and dedication. In my opinion, I feel like everyone should take that class and pass the knowledge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had that class as well except i took him before he made all the fun and different changes to it. We mainly just focused on our VO2 max and how to calculate it. However Dr. Hull does make you think and learn for his class which i think is great. There are way to many ways to slack by in other classes and in his he forces you to learn. But i hope you have fun with these new workouts

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never took that class with Dr. Hull. But I was able to try out zumba in Mr. Smith's walk/jog class. It was definitely fun and I would love to do it again! Hip hop abs sounds really fun too!! It's always helps to make workouts fun, it helps people get excited for physical activity.

    ReplyDelete